Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Are you at the stage in your pregnancy where you would like emotional support and gentle exercise guided by a qualified midwife?
If so, come along to Aquanatal to find out about your birth options and to meet other pregnant mums!
Every Wednesday from 7pm
Tollcross International Swimming Centre,
350 Wellshot Rd, Glasgow G32 7QR.
Cost: £5 or included in Glasgow Club Membership.
Water is soothing and supportive for pregnant women, therefore can even help you manage pain. This class is split into two sections: water activity and an informal Q&A session.
Benefits of Aquanatal include:
- Helps prepare you for labour
- Aids bonding with your baby
- Improves your core stability and postural awareness
- Improves your co-ordination and balance
- Improves your sleep quality
- Promotes your pelvic floor awareness
- Maintains your mobility, muscle tone and fitness
- Improves your breath awareness and control
- Improves your bowel function
- Reduces back pain
- Reduces fluid retention
- Enhances your well-being and self-esteem
- Provides social support with other mums.
Tips For Attending
- It is not necessary to be able to swim. If you are a non-swimmer or you are unsure of your swimming ability, then tell the instructor before entering the pool.
- Avoid eating a big meal less than 2 hours before a class, eat something ‘light’ to avoid feeling nauseous.
- Many women find wearing support bra underneath their swimwear to be more comfortable.
- Arrive early to discuss your wellbeing with your instructor. Inform them of any changes, however insignificant it may seem.
- Drink fluids before, during and after exercising. Pools can be humid so please bring a bottle of water to keep by the side if needed!
- You will always be encouraged to work at your own pace and level. Do not be afraid to decrease your own exercise intensity level!
Find us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/Bumps-Birth-219083985503016/
For any questions or queries, please contact me using the form below: