It is important that pregnant women follow important safety guidelines to prevent Coronavirus for her and her baby’s safety.
This article lists the important resources for pregnant women:
We understand you might be anxious during this time and will have a lot of questions, here is WHO answering all the important questions for pregnant women:
Coronavirus Safety Tips For Pregnant Women
- Please maintain social distancing.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Use mask and gloves when going out.
- If you sneeze or cough, use your shoulder than hands.
- Make a habit to use all knobs/gates etc with your less dominant hand.
- Avoid unnecessary travels.
- Keep yourself quarantined at home.
- You need to go for all your antenatal appointments.
- If you are not feeling well speak to your healthcare provider.
- Stay hydrated.
- Follow a healthy routine while at home.
- Eat well, do not skip meals.
- Try meditation / Yoga, however, you need to speak to your healthcare provider before you start it.
- The walk is the best exercise. As you are unable to go out, walk inside your house.
- Take adequate rest.
- Ask for help when required.
- If you have flu like symptoms, consult your doctor.
NHS Helpline Numbers: You should use the NHS 111 online service for information, or NHS 24 if in Scotland.